Field Guides subscriptions. One of the best ideas you ever gave us, dear readers.
And knowing that subscribers are waiting by their mailboxes makes the launch of each new Field Guide that much more exciting.
Today, MDK Field Guide No. 18 with 6 designs by the incomparable Karida Collins ships to subscribers.
Join them getting a first look—and a first chance to shop the 4 hand-dyed, organic Neighborhood Fiber Co. yarns featured.
new subscribers receive their copy of Field Guide No. 18 with Field Guide No. 17: Lopi —published in March with 5 designs by Mary Jane Mucklestone
Here are some things to know about our 2021 Field Guide Subscription offer.
- Subscribers will be the first to lay eyes on each new Field Guide. No need to remember to order—Field Guides will just appear in your mailbox.
- Subscribing is the best way to make sure your collection of MDK Field Guides is always up to date.
- It’s a great way to support what we’re up to here at MDK: 365 days a year of new, top-quality knitting content, free of ads and free of charge to all knitters.
- Your subscription includes the print edition plus a free digital download at Ravelry—your unique download code is on the inside back cover.
- In addition—and this is the “sneak peek” part—with the mailing of each print Field Guide, you’ll get an instant download link for the ebook attached in your shipping confirmation email, and it will be immediately accessible in your MDK account. It’s fun to be an early bird!
- Subscriptions available in the U.S. only. (Apologies!)
- Become a subscriber, and you will be on our honor roll of knitters forever.
Click here to sign up and get all the details.
Class photo of the first 16 MDK Field Guides.
Each Field Guide features three to five designs from an extraordinary knitting designer. No spoilers, but to get an idea of the sort of designs to expect, here’s the roster of designers so far:
Mary Jane Mucklestone, Antonia Shankland, Ann Weaver, Véronik Avery, Michèle Rose Orne, Ann Budd, Dianna Walla, Kirsten Kapur, Sue McCain, Kay Gardiner, Cecelia Campochiaro, Amy Christoffers, Julia Farwell-Clay, Thea Colman, Norah Gaughan, Isabell Kraemer, Wendy Bernard, Jen Geigley, Carol Feller, Jeanette Sloan, and Kaffe Fassett.
The Field Guides are a vital part of what MDK is all about. Knitalongs, tutorials, yarn talk—each Field Guide generates a lot of fun.
With the legendary Melanie Falick as Editor and Creative Director of the series, we’ve assembled a dream team that crafts each Field Guide to showcase the best in design for hand knitters.
Build Your Collection
Just discovering MDK Field Guides?
Field Guides (with the exception of the one most recently published) are available in pick-and-mix bundles of three or more at a savings of 20 percent. Fill in your collection by making your own bundle here.
The Field Guides are at the heart of what we’re up to every day here on MDK. We hope you’ll consider supporting us by subscribing and collecting the Field Guides.