When you spend a solid sevenish hours inside MDK World HQ on Atlas Drive, you’re going to want to pack a survival kit for optimal life and work enjoyment.
One day I settled into my desk and looked yonder only to realize the absurdity of just how many bags I tote along with me. If a giant asteroid hit Atlas today, would I survive? Maybe. Would I have sanitized hands, a fresh mouth, lipstick, and a knitting project? Absolutely.
So I toured the building to ask, “Atlas Insider, what’s in your bag?”
1. Charger to be charged at all times. 2. Laptop in which all genius writing occurs. 3. Passport stamps for the Appalachian Trail (DG is the most outdoorsy of us all). 4. Listening devices aka block out chatter of other humans. 5. Book of plans and world domination. 6. Roll of tools that is probably more beautiful than the most beautiful thing I own.
1. Fancy Parisian purse from recent travels. 2. Al’s fav places to shop. Hewitt’s may or may not know her by first name (the girl loves some plants). 3. A can of tuna. Because why not. 4. She supports space. 5. Skincare. 6. Pebbles. Because why not. 7. More skincare. 8. A chip clip. Because why not. 9. More skincare. 10. Faye, Allison’s daughter and coolest human I know.
1. This man reads. 2. Looks sharp. Don’t ask questions. 3. Keep things moist. 4. Chris’s beloved brand of bags. Highly Recommended. 5. Must measure things at all times. 6. Wrist guard because Chris is old (jk jk jk). 7. Is this a tiny saw? 8. Keep your safety items safer. 9. Even pens are organized. 10. Journals of worldly observations. 11. Cameras always. 12. Probably something high tech.
1. Clump of bills that have probably been in there since 2011. 2. RBG FOREVER. 3. Spicy protection. 4. A very cute purse that holds a story of Hannah tripping in a street during a tornado … or so the rumor goes. 5. You KNOW so many doodles are in here. 6. Drink tokens because YOU NEVER KNOW. 7. Lip Hydration Station™. 8. Clinique Black Honey IF YOU KNOW YOU KNOW. 9. The most polite thing you could ever carry: Poopouri. 10. Always peddling her B12 for optimal work energy. 11. Lots of hair = lots of hair tools.
1. Millennials love Glossier. Sorry not sorry. 2. My mostly finished crochet bucket hat using Handknit Cotton scraps. 3. Baggu masks. SAFETY CAN BE FASHION. 4. MDK Journal for scribbling very smart thawts and/or bad jokes. 5. Baggage ticket from recent trip to the beach not because I’m nostalgic but because I’m lazy and don’t throw things away. 6. My go bag because what if you end up in Italy overnight. 7. Am I okay? 8. Keychain from my niece and nephew. 9. Am I okay? 10. Am I okay? 11. Epic Garter Stripe blanket I’ve been working on since 2019.
The prize? We’ll tuck a few of our favorite things into an Atlas Reusable Bag for you: a Skill Set Pouch, an MDK Tape Measure, and a copy of Skill Set: Beginning Knitting for your personal reference, or for giving to a friend—let’s make new knitters!
How to enter?
Step 1: Sign up for our weekly newsletter, Snippets, right here. If you’re already subscribed, you’re set.
Step 2: What’s in your survival kit (a.k.a. day bag)? Let us know in the comments.
Deadline for entries: Sunday, July 24, 11:59 PM Central time. We’ll draw a random winner from the entries. Winner will be notified by email.