Big doings! A new Field Guide is coming, and we want you to be the first to receive it.
When you become a charter subscriber to the MDK Field Guides, you’ll enjoy:
- That “first on the block” feeling.
- An early chance to see the designs and think about the projects you’d like to knit.
- First look at the new yarns in the MDK Shop.
When you subscribe this week, you’ll be an early viewer of MDK Field Guide No. 15, with designs by Jeanette Sloan.
(You’ll also get immediate delivery of MDK Field Guide No. 14: Refresh, with 4 designs by Carol Feller, which released earlier this year. And MDK Field Guide No. 16 is coming this fall.)
Subscriber copies of Field Guide No. 15 ship next week. If you’ve been planning to subscribe, this is your alarm clock going off. Time’s a-wasting!
Subscribing Has Benefits
- No need to remember to order—Field Guides will magically appear in your mailbox.
- Subscribing ensures that your collection of MDK Field Guides is up to date.
- It’s a great way to support what we’re up to here at MDK: 365 days a year of Nobel-Prize-worthy content, free of ads and free of charge to all knitters. Our aim is to deliver the best writing about knitting—from stellar how-tos to just fun times. Reader support makes it all possible.
- Get a sneak peek of your sneak peek: When we ship the print edition, we send you an email containing a download code for the Field Guide e-book, which you can view immediately.
- Save it at Ravelry. Your subscription includes the print edition plus a free digital download at Ravelry—your unique download code is on the inside back cover of the print edition.
- Subscriptions available in the U.S. only at the moment. We hope to expand this soon.
- Become a charter subscriber, and you will be on our honor roll of knitters forever.
The Field Guide Series
The Field Guides are at the heart of what MDK is all about. Each Field Guide features 3 to 5 designs from an extraordinary knitting designer. Knitalongs, tutorials, yarn talk—each Field Guide generates a ton of fun.
With the legendary Melanie Falick as Editor and Creative Director of the series, we’ve assembled a dream team that crafts each Field Guide to showcase the best in design for handknitters.
The roster so far:
Mary Jane Mucklestone, Antonia Shankland, Ann Weaver, Véronik Avery, Michèle Rose Orne, Ann Budd, Dianna Walla, Kirsten Kapur, Sue McCain, Kay Gardiner, Cecelia Campochiaro, Amy Christoffers, Julia Farwell-Clay, Thea Colman, Norah Gaughan, Isabell Kraemer, Wendy Bernard, Jen Geigley, Kaffe Fassett, Carol Feller, and Jeanette Sloan. And more to come!
Build Your Collection
Just discovering MDK Field Guides?
Build your collection at a savings. Choose 3 or more of the first 13 Field Guides, and you’ll save 20%. Make your own bundle here.
This has been a year of upheaval and strife in so many ways. We don’t know what we’d do without the company of knitters in the MDK Lounge, in the comments to posts here on MDK, and on social media. We love hearing from you, knitting with you, laughing with you. Your support means the world to us.
Ann and Kay