As soon as we started publishing our little books about the big world of knitting, knitters have asked us to offer a subscription. Last year, we were thrilled to introduce a subscription plan for the three MDK Field Guides that we published in 2020.
It’s been a smashing success. Subscribers got a first look at each new Field Guide, and a first chance to shop the yarns featured in each new Field Guide, so they were ready to start their projects on official launch day.
Behind the scenes at MDK, the vital support of Field Guide subscribers enabled us to work farther ahead on each new edition, helping to make it the best we could. Knowing that subscribers were waiting by their mailboxes made the launch of each new Field Guide that much more exciting. We are so grateful to our charter subscribers.
We’re Doing It Again
You can subscribe now to receive the three MDK Field Guides that we will publish in 2021.
Your subscription will include:
- MDK Field Guide No. 17 (launching February 2021)
- MDK Field Guide No. 18 (Summer 2021)
- MDK Field Guide No. 19 (Autumn 2021)
Here are some things to know about our 2021 Field Guide Subscription offer.
- Subscribers will be the first to lay eyes on each new Field Guide. No need to remember to order—Field Guides will just appear in your mailbox.
- Subscribing is the best way to make sure your collection of MDK Field Guides is always up to date.
- It’s a great way to support what we’re up to here at MDK: 365 days a year of new, top-quality knitting content, free of ads and free of charge to all knitters.
- Field Guide No. 17 is coming in the first quarter of the new year—and it’s a beauty! Subscribe by February 1, and we’ll make sure you’ll receive it first.
- Your subscription includes the print edition plus a free digital download at Ravelry—your unique download code is on the inside back cover.
- In addition—and this is the “sneak peek” part—with the mailing of each print Field Guide, you’ll get an instant download link for the ebook attached in your shipping confirmation email, and it will be immediately accessible in your MDK account. It’s fun to be an early bird!
- Subscriptions available in the U.S. only. (Apologies!)
- Become a subscriber, and you will be on our honor roll of knitters forever.
- New this year: when we ship Field Guide No. 17, subscribers will receive a special something. See below!
Click here to sign up and get all the details.
Class photo of the first 16 MDK Field Guides.
New This Year: Something Special
The 2021 subscription includes something extra: a sturdy metal book rest, ingeniously designed, in ivory color as shown. The book rest will ship to subscribers with the first Field Guide of the subscription year: Field Guide No. 17. Never struggle to hold a book open and upright again—your new book rest friend will do it.
When we offered this book rest for sale in the MDK Holiday Shop, we sold out in a matter of days. Luckily, we ordered a supply of them exclusively for 2021 Field Guide subscribers.
Each Field Guide features three to five designs from an extraordinary knitting designer. No spoilers, but to get an idea of the sort of designs to expect, here’s the roster of designers so far:
Mary Jane Mucklestone, Antonia Shankland, Ann Weaver, Véronik Avery, Michèle Rose Orne, Ann Budd, Dianna Walla, Kirsten Kapur, Sue McCain, Kay Gardiner, Cecelia Campochiaro, Amy Christoffers, Julia Farwell-Clay, Thea Colman, Norah Gaughan, Isabell Kraemer, Wendy Bernard, Jen Geigley, Carol Feller, Jeanette Sloan, and Kaffe Fassett.
The Field Guides are a vital part of what MDK is all about. Knitalongs, tutorials, yarn talk—each Field Guide generates a lot of fun.
With the legendary Melanie Falick as Editor and Creative Director of the series, we’ve assembled a dream team that crafts each Field Guide to showcase the best in design for hand knitters.
Other Field Guide Offers
The Field Guide Collection
Also for newcomers to the series, or as an amazing gift for a knitter: an instant library of the first 15 Field Guides, at a very special price, packaged in a handsome and handy slipcase. You’ll save $114 off the single-copy price.
Build Your Collection
Just discovering MDK Field Guides?
The first 15 Field Guides are available in pick-and-mix bundles of three or more at a savings of 20 percent. Fill in your collection by making your own bundle here.
The Field Guides are at the heart of what we’re up to every day here on MDK. We hope you’ll consider supporting us by subscribing and collecting the Field Guides.